[Minecraft] City of Grassia

Talk about whatever games you've been playing and your strategies, campaigns, etc.
Forum rules
Be respectful of other users.
Don't use hate speech.
Do not engage in harrassment, the posting of personal information, or personal threats.
Do not spam the forums.
Keep political discussion and debates civil.
Keep shitposting and memes to the random forum.
Flameoguy

[Minecraft] City of Grassia

Post by Flameoguy »

2023-08-27_17.27.56.png
2023-08-27_17.27.56.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 5921 times
Welcome to Grassia!

This city is an old project of mine, and one that I'm still very proud of. I built it on-and-off for a five year period starting when I was in high school. The central idea behind the build, and the reason why I love it so much, is that it was developed iteratively over a simulated history rather than 'all at once'. Many minecraft cities have an 'old town' or implied history to them, but few have been built and rebuilt as much as Grassia. I started the build as three huts around a campfire, which was the first settlement in the area. Eventually the village grew, was walled, and became a castle town with a keep. This castle town would grow through the industrial period to become a modern city. As with real cities, very few buildings from ancient history remain. The same building may have been rebuilt, retrofitted, repurposed, and reused five times over. Many newer buildings haven't, and can be distinguished by their pristine appearance. Building Grassia was an imperfect process, but I tried to keep track of 'economic' factors such as the ratio of bedrooms to jobsites and the density of grocery stores in the city. Although the resulting city is pretty small, it has a kind of dynamism that I hope you will appreciate.

Feel free to explore the build and tell me what you think. Grassia could end up being good for roleplay or PvP gamemodes. Any minecraft city is fun to blow up with mods! ;)

The Planet Minecraft Post for this build has some screenshots, a Dropbox download, and some admittedly contrived lore.
1234fireball

Re: [Minecraft] City of Grassia

Post by 1234fireball »

Banger map, we should blow it up.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Flameoguy

Re: [Minecraft] City of Grassia

Post by Flameoguy »

WHAT THE FU-
wtf boom.gif
wtf boom.gif (153.08 KiB) Viewed 5912 times